Submission of presentation abstracts is now open. Submission is by emailing CLFTARFAB@stfc.ac.uk a copy of your abstract.
For a successful submission:
- Please email CLFTARFAB@stfc.ac.uk with “TFW6 Poster abstract submission” or “TFW6 Oral presentation abstract submission” as the email subject
- The document should be .docx format. If this isn’t possible we accept pdf.
- The abstract should follow the template attached. Please match the font, spacing and style. Failure to match the template may get your abstract returned
- Please name the document after yourself
You will receive a thank you email if your abstract is received successfully. This may take up to a couple of days to receive.
The abstracts will be gathered together in an abstract booklet given to delegates at the start of the workshop.
Please bear in mind whilst writing your synopsis the audience is broad with many new members who may have limited understanding of Target Fabrication as a subject.
Registration is now open. Please follow this link to the official registration page (link opens in a new tab). This is the official booking system for all events organised by the Science and Technology Facilities Council. The system requires you make an account in order to register.
You can register a place without payment; in order to be eligible for the early-bird registration you must pay before 6th March 2017.
The early bird conference fee is £375 including taxes (Late registration fee: £425). The fee includes conference costs, lunch + refreshments each day and a conference dinner on one evening. This fee does not include accommodation, and should be organised by individual delegates.
About the Target Fabrication Workshop series
- Gathering of Target manufacture and development scientists and engineers
- Open to oral and poster presentations of individual’s or groups work in manufacture, development and research in Targets for high energy interactions
- Networking and collaborative opportunities between international institutes
- Targetry research topics covered include but are not limited to:
- Thin film coating applications
- Low density materials
- Specialised characterisation techniques
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) applications
- Targetry solutions for the next high repetition rate laser systems
- Strategic response to new facility developments and demands
The four day Monday-Thursday event will take place within Queen Anne Court, University of Greenwich, London. SE10 9LS.
The building is part of the Royal Naval College, heart of Maritime Greenwich, a world heritage site in the centre of London. The area is steeped in historical significance with the Cutty Sark, an old British clipper ship open to visitors and the Royal Observatory overlooks the Naval College and now operates as a museum.
A visitor website can be found here: http://www.rmg.co.uk/
Hotels listed by their walking distance to venue (this is not an exhaustive list; other hotels are available):
Devonport House (0.6Km)
Hotel Ibis (0.8Km)
Hotel Novotel (1.2Km)
A formal agenda will follow when all presentation abstracts are gathered. There will be four days of presentations with one afternoon being a poster session.
The agenda will be a combination of oral and poster presentations as well as open group discussions on key topics. The poster session will be held for an afternoon and is also open to any participants who want to exhibit their work.
Background of the TFW series
- The first meeting was held in Oxfordshire 2006. The previous workshop was held in St Andrews, Scotland 6th-11th July 2014 where 60 attendees took part. A synopsis of the previous TFW can be found here: http://www.laserlab-europe.net/events-1/laserlab-events/2014/target-fabrication-st-andrews-scotland
- The workshop arose from the need of a specialised scientific response to meet the demands of the high-energy interactions community for research and development of novel materials and assemblies
- TFW has historically attracted researchers and engineers from around the world; TFW5 attracted delegates from Europe, Asia and North America